Our Family

Our Family
Cori, Layla and Matt

Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Milestones Every Week it Seems

About a week ago I felt the first baby movement. It was very faint and I had to concentrate very hard to make sure that what I was feeling was actually movement and not gas or other tummy grumblings. Sure enough though, it was not my stomach at all, but much lower and a fluttering I have never felt before. It did not last very long nor have I felt much since (only a couple of times) but it was very exciting and I look forward to more!

Our doctor's appointment this week also brought some excitement for us as we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. We had seen it during our first ultrasound several weeks ago, however we had not heard it yet. The whole process actually made me a little nervous because it took my doctor a little while to find where the baby was hiding. She did find our little one though and he/she had a perfect heart rate of 163. It was interesting to listen to the baby's heartbeat over mine since it was so fast, mine sounded like it was beating at a snail's pace in comparison.

We've only got about a month to go and we will hopefully be able to find out the baby's gender :)

No comments:

Post a Comment