Our Family

Our Family
Cori, Layla and Matt

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pregnant and loving it....for the most part

In learning from my dear friend Jessica (genius by the way) who recently had a baby, I have decided that the best way to keep everyone updated on the baby bakin' process is to start a blog. Hopefully that way you all can pass it along to anyone who wants the updates and I won't have to worry about forgetting anyone.

After 2 positive home pregnancy tests and confirmation from the doctor, the news of our twosome becoming a family of three began to sink in. We are beyond excited about becoming parents, however I did not anticipate the work that goes into pregnancy. I was symptomatic almost immediately with exhaustion, nausea and just about every other ailment that comes with the first trimester. Plus it doesn't help that everywhere you turn you have someone or some book telling you about all of the horrible things that can go wrong. The anxiety is something that no one seems to mention.

The excitement is definitely worth it though. Now that I am nearing the end of the first trimester and am starting to feel better, I am beginning to relax. We had our first ultrasound about a week ago and it was so thrilling to see the heart beating and our little jumping bean of a baby. Looking forward to all that is to come!

1 comment:

  1. AWE!!! So excited for you hon! I know there were plans for you to come home around this time...anytime soon??? :D MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete